- Contact your landlord to tell him you want to terminate your lease contract at such a date (see end of lease conditions in your contract – see about the refund of your guarantee)
- Cancel your fire insurance as of the date you are leaving.
- If any, cancel your TV distribution and phone subscriptions.
- Contact your water, gas, and electricity distribution companies to cancel your subscriptions.
Close your account before your departure while taking the necessary steps to enable the payment of your last salary.
HEALTH INSURANCE (MUTUALITY)
Inform your health insurance company about the date you will be leaving Brussels and cancel your health coverage.
ADDRESS CHANGE FOR RECEPTION OF POSTAL MAIL
To avoid mail to continue arriving at your Belgian personal address or ULB address, do NOT forget advising the Brussels post office to forward your mail to your new address abroad (this is a paying mail forward service at the post office). The department does not take in charge the forwarding of your mail.
Do NOT forget to advise all your contacts and/or institutions, where you have subscriptions, to use your new address after your departure from Brussels.
BEFORE LEAVING THE DEPARTMENT
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO:
- Give Hélène your email address (other than ULB) in case we need contacting you after your departure.
- RETURN YOUR OFFICE KEY TO HELENE, FABIENNE or DELPHINE (or drop it in Fabienne’s dropbox on the lefthand side of her door – office 2.06.108).
- Return small office supplies such as stapler, hole puncher, scissors, etc. to the secretariat.
- Leave a neat office behind you for the next occupant. No document or any other item should be left in the drawers, shelves or cupboards.
- Return books to the library.